Sunday, April 3, 2011

Elation in Nepal

When I was eleven years old, my super cool older cousin, Graham, visited my mom and me in Nepal. He was in the middle of years of traveling what seemed like everywhere and anywhere. I still remember him telling us about sharing a flat in Spain with a group of people who were so poor, they couldn't afford to buy food. Thankfully, one of them happened to be a gourmet chef, who would sautee canned tuna and cornflakes in honey and garnish it with grass from the lawn downstairs.

Not only did I envy Graham's glamorous and exciting travels, I envied his passport. He had so many stamps, he actually had to have extra pages added into his passport. Well, for the first time in my life I am SO close :) My Nepali 90-Day on-arrival VISA took the last blank page of my passport, which means I will have to apply for those glorious 'extra pages' when I return to the states in June.

Woohoo!