Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Are you serious?


So, I was ready to regale you with stories of my completely entertaining dance teacher, but instead, I have some very sad news. It turns out I have lice. Well done. And not just any lice, oh no...My friend at work – the only person I know well enough to ask to see if there are bugs climbing around my scalp (but even that took me a while to build up my courage, while the lice feasted) is apparently the official de-licer for her entire family, and she said I had more alive than she had ever seen and we caught six GIANT lice…like REALLY F-ING BIG LICE. Awesome. I was/am actually really really really freaked out about the whole thing, but I was calmed by the fact that she didn’t think it was a big deal. I asked her about washing all my clothes and throwing away my brush, and burning my sheets, beheading my teddy bears, and all of that…but she looked at me like I was crazy and said none of that was necessary. Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely taking precautions, but it was calming to know that it was all going to be alright…that being said, I still want to cry in a corner.

I cut out of work early and ran to my favorite pharmacist, who is familiar with every ailment I, my mom, or my friends have had while in Nepal, to get Mediker and then I shampooed like I have never shampooed before...wish me luck.

In other news...last night, a friend showed me a new swanky Thamel hangout that serves the best ice green tea smoothie EVER – it’s my new obsession, so I'm writing from there now…but it's a small consolation....very small.