Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cockroaches Tickle

Not a joke. They do. I was awoken last night by one crawling on my arm.

At first I tried to convince myself it was my hair. But no, hair feels different than cockroach legs.

I tried to go back to sleep, but caught the roach in my cell phone light. Darn.

I trapped it with a glass and managed to isolate it in a corner of my room out of the way to deal with in the morning.

When I awoke, I literally spent about 20 minutes deciding what to do with it. It was still alive in the morning (they can probably survive a while without food, yes?). I contemplated if I had a book big enough to kill it with, and figured it would just be wrong...or maybe right....to kill it with the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying...Then I tried to figure out which shoe I wanted to get roach guts on, and decided none. I thought I could drown it and not have to risk it escaping as I lifted the glass, but that drowning (after a bit of starvation) would be a terrible way to go. I could have dropped it out the window too, but that seemed too risky, as it was only a floor down, and he could crawl right back up...so I just left him there. And thank heavens for maids...the glass was washed and placed on my bedside table when I got back from work today. I love you TGH.