Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dancing Queens

Okay, now to the fun stuff:

I went to dance yesterday because I had finally recovered from the soreness of the first two classes and could move again.

We started a new dance, and about two moves in, I realized, as I was fist pumping in the air, the this move reminded me of something. A few moves later, after stepping side to side and clapping in the air, I also realized I recognized this move.  After a whole sequence of moves I swore I had done before, but not to the Bollywood song we were currently dancing to that I had never heard before, I realized where these magical moves had come from: Dance Central. They came STRAIGHT from Dance Central.

To be honest, at first I was a little dismayed that I was paying for lessons when I could just play a video game and learn those same moves, however, I also realized that Dance Central seriously pales in comparison to the way that Nepali MJ does these moves. (And I also realized I was paying 75 cents a lesson vs $10 in the US - very "cost effective" as a coworker of mine said.) And I know, from other classes, that he has a much larger repertoire that was he exhibited in that class.

Plus, one thing he taught us that I don't recognize from dance central is probably my all time favorite move. I have titled it "The Lyger" - remind me to do it for you next time I see you.