Thursday, June 9, 2011

Love/Hate


I think I already am developing a love/hate relationship with India. 

I went to the Indian VISA Service Center to get a tourist VISA for my trip to Mumbai this month. They made me fill out a form and told me to return five days later. I showed up on the designated day, and they didn't want to issue me a VISA because they couldn't find a blank page on my passport (because the one blank page was stamped by the Indian immigration officer when I literally walked from the Delhi airport international terminal to the domestic terminal). I was about to poo in my pants because I was so upset...but I convinced them to do it on the last page of the passport which already had text printed on it...and I got one! 

So now, I'm thinking, I have a VISA what can they do...oh right, they just not let me into the country. Darn. Well, we'll see how it goes. I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn to drive to the border to Nepal and hop on an un-airconditioned train car to Mumbai via Delhi. Awesome.