Friday, March 25, 2011

South African International Transit Lounge Check In

Who knows how much I'm paying to connect to the wifi network here, but it's worth it for a quick status check in.


Luci Duan just wrote a wonderful article for the Yale Herald on spring break volunteer experiences, and YNepal is featured a lot! Check it out: http://yaleherald.com/news/changing-the-world-in-fourteen-days/


I must say, though, that one thing that is missing from my quotes/experiences, is that YNepal is thriving because of the wonderful student leaders that have led trips over the past three years, so thank you Jarrad Aguirre, Jon Espitia, Kim McCabe, Hilary Rogers, Edith Sangueza, and Chelsea Wells! And of course, thank you to all the amazing volunteers who have come on the trips!


Moment of the Mundane (or a life or death experience - you decide :))
Now some of you know I am Quizno's #1 fan! But I have to say, Subway won me over just a few hours ago. I was touring the Delhi airport - which has become quite swanky, housing even a McDonald's that serves such items as paneer salsa wraps (but they were sold out :() - when I came across a Subway serving salads. I have been DESPERATE for raw vegetables for the past month - the plight of a vegetarian - so, I decided to boldly (and idiotically) dare the gods of bodily functions by ordering a salad complete with lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers, and green peppers, none of which were peeled, but I was assured they were 'washed with mineral water.' Well, it's been a good 12 hours and sickness has yet to take hold, so hopefully I have not spoken too soon :)